Title : Outbound Direct Marketing/Sales Associate
Location : Toronto, ON
- O.S.S.D or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of previous call center sales experience with demonstrated success.
- To make outbound sales calls on behalf of our clients/partners in order to sign/acquire new customers and increase client revenues through up-selling and cross-selling existing customers.
- General computer knowledge
- General knowledge of sales and/or call centre practices
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Active Listening Skills
- Above average sales and negotiating skills
- Integrity – Acts with honesty on the phone with customers and throughout the organization. Provides straightforward discussion of price and payment issues, and is honest in all communications; refrains from being manipulative or obscuring facts.
- High Standards of Professionalism – Conducts his/her self in a manner that maintains professionalism at all times and expects high standards of professionalism from others.
- Accuracy – Takes care when recording and entering data.
- Team Work – Teams with peers, team leaders, trainers and quality associates in order to achieve program objectives.
- Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates dedication to the organization and is willing to go above and beyond to meet team objectives. Is rarely absent and flexible to shift changes as required from time to time.
- Organizational Alignment – Acts in alignment with company policy, mission, vision and values.
- Concern for Quality – Demonstrates the understanding of the impacts of quality on the bottom line and visibly acts to ensure quality in each customer contact.
- Communications – Communicates confidently and with enthusiasm, at an appropriate rate of speech, utilizing proper grammar, key word emphasis, and an appreciative tone.
- Sociability – Desire to interact with others and to project warmth and relate well to a variety of different people. Able to hold a conversation with customers instead of giving a presentation.
- High Energy Level – Has a strong work ethic and is able to maintain a fast pace while staying focused in stressful situations.
- Competitiveness/Motivation – Demonstrates the desire to achieve and surpass goals, work with persistence in the face of obstacles, and thrive in high-pressure situations.
- Concern for the development of others – Demonstrates mentor potential.
- Self Confidence – Believes in their own abilities and approaches work with the expectation of success and an awareness of what is required for success. Sounds knowledgeable and gains customer trust easily. Controls calls well.
- Reliability and Trustworthiness – Behaves consistently and predictably, and is dependable in all phases of the sales call. Is able to gain the trust of customers and prospects.
- Relationship Building – Works to create long term relationships with customers/prospects.
- Seeks Continuous Improvement – Is open and receptive to the feedback from others and desires to improve their own performance. Accepts criticism constructively and is willing to admit mistakes without blaming others.
- Mental Agility – Able to respond quickly to customer interruption or interjection. Flexible enough to deal with multiple issues at the same time, able to maintain constantly high levels of alertness, possesses a broad learning capacity.
- Analysis and Problem Solving – Ability to reason with, analyze and draw conclusions from facts and data.
- Empathy – Understands and displays sensitivity to customer needs and concerns and minimizes customer anxiety and frustration.
- Understanding of Customer Types – Can perceive and respond to verbal and non-verbal cues, has insight into the reasons underlying the prospect/customer behaviour and is able to analyze and empathize and customize approach.
- Make and receive sales calls on behalf of our client partners
- Build appropriate rapport with customers
- Present sales offers conversationally to prospects and customers utilizing a call flow guide
- Answer customer/prospect questions accurately
- Effectively handle customer objections
- Probe to uncover customer needs
- Match customer needs to specific product features and benefits
- Demonstrate multiple closing techniques
- Add, edit and delete information, as required, while taking customer orders
- Double check accuracy of data entry
- Transfer to third party verification and/or digitally record verifications as required
- Dispose of calls accurately
- Participate in ongoing training, cross training and coaching initiatives
- Demonstrate punctuality
- Complete minimum 90% of all scheduled hours each month
- Achieve all program targets including, but not necessarily limited to, sales per hour, connects per hour, conversion ratios, average handling time, pause time, wrap time, ready time, etc.
- Achieve a minimum quality score of 90%
- Create a positive and professional impression on every call
- Comply with all regulatory telemarketing guidelines and laws
- Follow company call procedures without variance.
The contents of this Position Description Summary may be reviewed from time to time to ensure that the criteria outlined herein continues to accurately describe the specific responsibilities and accountabilities of the role.